Sunday, August 19, 2007

Japanese food?


Hello again. Is anyone hungry for some Japanese cuisine? Today we are serving sea urchin...yum. I did not order this, Cap-san did, however it was pretty good I must admit. I tried a little thinking I would not enjoy it but I liked it very much. We stopped at this place on our day off somewhere near Hagi, Japan on the island of Honshu. One cool thing about this dish was it came with its own "bunsen" burner candle that was lit and placed underneath the bowl to cook the rice. The only problem was we had to wait ~25min for it to cook right in front of us. I'm starting to wonder how much "work" Japanese chefs do if they even leave the cooking to us. Well...when the food is cooked, which it rarely is :) Anyway, this was a good dish, if I ever return I will have to try it. Good bye, I love you Gianna and Jess XOXOXO
-Justin

No comments: