Saturday, September 29, 2007

UCD v. SJSU

Today was the first time UCD has played SJSU. The game was in San Jose so we decided to go.

We took Gianna to the Alumni tailgating event before the game so that she could watch Mommy play in the Alumni Marching Band...but for the game she went to stay at her Great Aunt Mary's house to have some play time with Courtney and her family. Then Justin and I got to watch the game without worrying about her being exposed to the sun, noise and wind outside.

We went to the game with our friends Jenny, Steve and Sophia from playgroup. Sophia is such a good girl that she slept through 2 hours of the game and then was in great spirits the rest of the time. She must love football!














It was fun to play drums again, the drum was heavy and awkward as always but I was happy to be able to participate in an Alumni event since I have been pregnant or the weather has been terrible at every alumni event since we graduated.

I loved watching how excited Gianna was by the marching band. We also thought it was adorable that she showed such an interest in my drumsticks. I love this picture of her holding onto the stick in my pocket. It is too cute! Homecoming is in about a month and we're bringing Gianna to that too, but this time she'll get to stay for the whole game. We are really looking forward to it. GO AGS!!!

Love,
Jessica

PS In case you couldn't tell by my not mentioning it, we lost :( But the Band won! SJSU's band left after one song!!! :)

2 comments:

Jennybecca said...

We had a lot of fun today and I think Sophia is becoming a football fan and a band fan!

Anonymous said...

Hey guess what? I'm going to a UCD game Saturday! They are playing North Dakota State (NDSU) for NDSU's Homecoming Game (my fiancee, Corey is a diehard fan, he graduated from NDSU) so we're going to go to Fargo for the game ... I still haven't decided who to cheer for - I may have to stay neutral :) Thought it was funny that DaviOf all the teams out there - UC Davis and NDSU! wow crazy!
Hope all is well!
love, erica