Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Oh MY Gosh!

So, the very first time I ever went away from Gianna was for a few hours to see my favorite band, Third Eye Blind. Now I know what you're thinking, isn't that the band that had that doo-doo-doo song back in like 1997. Well, yes in fact they are (I'm nostalgic, what can I say).

Let me go way back and give you the whole story...

Less than a year and a half ago Johnny (my brother) invited Justin and I to go see Stephen Jenkins, the lead singer of Third Eye Blind, (and some guy named Bill Clinton) at a political rally for an environmental proposition in San Francisco. You may be saying to yourself, "Wasn't Jessica about to pop about a year and a half ago, of course she wouldn't go." Well, we did, and it was awesome. So worth standing for 3 hours while I was 8 months pregnant (even though I thought I was going to die at the time).
Anyway, it was so awesome that when we found out that Third Eye Blind was going to play again in San Francisco, we got tickets the second they were available. When March 14th arrived (Gianna was 8 weeks old) Johnny got to the Fillmore extra early to wait in line. Justin also came home early from work so that I could get there early too. I met Johnny outside the Fillmore where we were about 25th in line at 4pm for the 8pm show. When they finally let us in Johnny and I ran (even though there was some Ogre yelling 'don't run' at us) to get as close to the front as we could. Now granted, I had just had a baby and hadn't run in a very long time, so I think this was quite a feat! And it paid off, WE WERE IN THE SECOND ROW! Then we waited, and then they played and it was magical. I have never appreciated a ringing in my ears that much!

Okay, so to make a long story short, they were filming a video at the time and here is the result (the video isn't out yet, but our friend, who will remain nameless to protect her :), got a leaked copy and froze an image). She put Johnny in the big yellow square and you can see short little me right next to him, on the right (between the clapping girl's hands). What an awesome night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!
-Justin