Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sonoma County Fair

Two fridays ago we went to the Sonoma County Fair to take in the sights and go to the Rodeo. I think I've been to the Rodeo every year since I was in 8th Grade, and Justin and I have gone every year since being together. This year it was a little on the smaller scale (our guess was that the rising price of gas makes it too expensive for the cowboys to be driving their big trucks and pulling horse trailers everywhere), but it was still fun.

Here are some highlights from the fair:

When we first got there Gianna got wanded by the security guy. She was sitting in the stroller and I guess it was making the security alarm go off. Here's a picture of the 'suspect' getting wanded over and over.We started off going to a puppet show that Gianna loved (until she got tired of it after about 15 minutes). She really loved the marionettes.

The hall of flowers was beautiful and had some really cool architecture (although we forgot to take any pictures).

The Budweiser Clydesdales were walking around the fair and stopped right by us so we got to take a good look at them. Gianna loves animals and making animal noises so she was very impressed by these GIANT horses.Next week walked through the sheep, pig, rabbit and chicken barns. Like I said Gianna loves animals so she was in heaven. She especially liked getting close with these baby cows, and she even let one have a taste of her dress.The next stop was the petting zoo. Since they have a petting zoo at the Oakland Zoo, Gianna knew just what to do. I think she pet every animal in there. She especially liked the deer, donkey and chickens.

After that we went to the kids area and let Gianna play in the Giant sandbox for a while she also liked riding on the bean bag horses they had. She was the perfect age for the kids area. We headed over to Pasta king for dinner, Gianna decided she liked the pesto better and shared lots of Daddy's dinner.

And our last stop before the Rodeo was the pony ride. This was everyone's favorite part (I think). Last year I tried to convince the pony ride people that she was old enough to ride and they didn't buy it, so we have been waiting all year for her first ride on a horse. Gianna LOVED it she held on to the saddle horn and pushed Mommy away when I tried to hold on to her. And then she was so sad when it ended. We took tons of pictures though:The Sonoma County fair is such a fun part of our summer, this year was no exception. We'll be back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I spy a baby in ica's tummy :)

Buscho Family said...

I know, I look huge already in the picture. I think I just ate too much Pasta King (who wouldn't it's so delicious!)