Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I'm home!

Over the past few days I have been 'helping' Kate move back to California from WI. Basically I flew out to Nebraska and met her there then we drove back taking the scenic (but still short) route. It was a lot of fun, but I really missed Gianna and Justin. I can't wait to someday share with them the beautiful sights we saw!
Here is where I've been in less than 85 hours:
Saturday morning I left San Jose for Denver at 7:20am. I stopped in Denver for about an hour then continued on to Omaha, Nebraska where I met up with Kate and we hit the road!

We stopped for dinner somewhere between Kearny, NE and the border of Colorado. We look so excited!

We gave up hopes to make it all the way to Denver our first day and stayed in a small town about 30 miles East of Denver.

Sunday morning we got up and Jetted through most of Colorado stopping in Vail to appreciate the snow (well, that was for me) and the icesicles.

We enjoyed a very beautiful Drive down to Moab, Utah. We were surrounded by amazing rock formations and scenic landscapes the entire way (I recommend this drive to everyone!).


We visited Arches National Park, ate dinner at the Moab brewery and called it an [early] night. We were both tired from staying up late the night before and knew that tomorrow would be a big day.

Monday we woke up early and went to CanyonLands National Park...photos don't do this Justice...you have to go!

Then we enjoyed another scenic drive with many rock formations to enjoy and lots of red dirt to brighten up the snow.

Our next stop (yes, still Monday) was the Grand Canyon for a view and then sunset! It was amazing...I recommend the west side of the park and you really should see it when there's snow once in your life! Plus there were no crowds!

Then we hit the road again stopping for dinner at a cute little diner to plan our route. We drove to Kingman, rested our heads for the night and finished the treck home on Tuesday, Whew! I was home in time for bath and bedtime.

What a fun trip, but I am so glad to be home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're glad to have you back!
-Justin and Gianna

Anonymous said...

Just can't stay out of the midwest can you?! haha. That looked like a great road trip, beautiful sights. Glad the travel was safe. :)

Brooke said...

What awesome pictures. I've never been, but Thomas goes hunting in Moab all the time and says it's one of the most beautiful places! That's great you got to get away and have a little road trip!!